Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Finding Faith

The other week I over heard a guy I work with say, "I used to believe in God but he f***ed me over too many times." I didn't say anything at the moment but it really got me thinking...That has got to be one of the least intelligent statements I have ever heard. The very God
that he doesn't believe in, is the God that has f***ed him over too many times.
If he doesn't believe in God then he is basically saying that He doesn't
exist, so how can the God that doesn't exist screw him over! It took everything
in me to not speak my mind to him (although maybe I should have in a civilized way of course).
However, it's the people like that that I really have a heart for; the ones who have lost all their Faith. I wish everyone could find the comfort I do in
Hebrews 13:8 when it says that God is the same yesterday, today, and forever.
The very God that was with David when he cast the stone at Goliath is the God we serve today...The very God that spilt the red sea so the Israelites could cross is the God we serve today...the very God that created the Heavens and the Earth is the same God we serve today! He was, He is and He will always be! The God I know does not sit up in Heaven with a magnifying glass trying to burn us limb from limb. The God I know is strong when we are weak, He's loving, gracious, merciful, He's our refuge, strong tower, and mighty deliverer and whether we decide to believe that He exists or not, does not change the fact that He's just as alive today as He was thousands of years ago.
It's those simple facts that keep my head above the water. In the last couple years with the economy being so terrible it would be very easy for our family to lose Faith in God with everything that has happened. But having a firm foundation, and the simple knowledge that God is sovereign has only increased our family's Faith. It's easy to serve God when everything is going your way, but true Faith is serving God in the toughest of times, and regardless of what the world would try to say.
Hebrews 11:1 "Faith is the substance of things hoped for, and the evidence
of things not yet seen."

No comments:

Post a Comment