Tuesday, June 23, 2009

TRUST: Easier Said Than Done

Lately I have really been thinking about identity and how we can go through this entire life looking to temporary things to bring us happiness but at the end of the day we have nothing unless we have identity in Christ. In him we have purpose, life, destiny, hope, calling, and unconditional love.

Psalm 139 13-16

13 You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body
and knit me together in my mother's womb.
14 Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex!
Your workmanship is marvelous—how well I know it.
15 You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion,
as I was woven together in the dark of the womb.
16 You saw me before I was born.
Every day of my life was recorded in your book.
Every moment was laid out


In our old house in Vancouver we had this picture with a man's walk with God represented by two types of footprints in the sand. One the mans, and the other God's. At times there was two sets of footprints and at other times there were only one set of footprints. When the man saw this he asked God..
"Why did you leave me? For in the times where there was only one set of footprints were when family members died, me and my wife were having troubles, and life was simply just terrible. If you are a such a great God then why did you leave me when I needed you most?"
After the man was finished with his ranting and raving God told him...
"Son the reason there was only one set of footprints in the sand was not because I left you in those tough times, but because I was carrying you."

Don't you think that the very God who thought us out even before we were born will have a sovereign plan and destiny for our lives? I think that the key to being a Christ Follower is found in the simple fundamentals of relentlessly seeking the Glory of God, and finding our identity in HIS word. God has such a great plan and call on everyone's life, it's just up to us to "stop all the noise" and listen for Him, and to follow Him regardless of the circumstances. I think the common denominator when people lose sight of the kingdom of God is as simple as forgetting what God has done, and brought us out of. As long as we put our hope and TRUST in the Lord, we will live a very prosperous and rich life, which is the true essence of happiness.

Psalm 139 17-18
17 How precious are your thoughts about me O God.
They cannot be numbered!
18 I can't even count them;
they outnumber the grains of sand!
And when I wake up,
you are still with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment